Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day




My first Mother's Day. Paul was so sweet. He took care of Caleb most of the day so mommy can get some sleep. I have been exhausted from sleep deprivation- this was a welcomed luxury. I also got breakfast in bed. While Caleb napped, daddy left the hospital to get mommy breakfast from Denny's. A home cooked meal of a typical Filipino breakfast would have been awesome, but it's hard to cook when we haven't been home for almost four months.

There's many reasons to be thankful for. Biggest one is that God gave me a son who is stronger than anyone I know. A son who fights for his right to be here. A son so perfect in his own way. A life partner who will do anything for me and our child. And family and friends who have been there with me through this most difficult time in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment